Empower your team to spot the signs of mental illness and gain the confidence to step in and support a person in need.
The mental health of your employees matters just as much as their physical health.
The Beaumaris Health & Wellbeing Group have the mission to improve people’s lives and mental wellbeing. Our aim is to help individuals, groups and organisations manage mental health in a positive way.
Enhanced wellbeing means happier people, greater productivity and improved coping skills.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an interactive and enlightening course which enables people to identify, understand and help a person who may be distressed, anxious or depressed. The Mental Health First Aider will be trained to spot the signs of someone who is experiencing difficulties or to be a point of initial contact during a mental health crisis.
Mental well-being is still overlooked, often a taboo subject at work. Several studies show that people who report that it is unsafe to discuss their workplace stress with their companies had the poorest outcomes for employee engagement and motivation.
Workplace stress can contribute to the decline in employee wellbeing, significantly impacting their mood and behaviour. One of the changes in behaviour includes motivation. This behaviour is often symptomatic of mental health conditions, such as depression and anxiety.
As companies intensely plan how to transition their operations and workforce’s to new realities, ignoring or avoiding discussions of employees’ mental states can come at a steep cost. The exciting news is that a small investment can deliver high dividends.
Our Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) courses seek to develop and guide companies to make all workplaces successful and healthy.
To secure your booking we require a 25% deposit to be paid up front.
Please contact us for more information or to book a place on the course.
- We are active wellbeing supporters and know this has a huge impact on productivity, performance, and employee engagement
- Training you can trust from our highly qualified trainer, offering flexible and bespoke services
- We offer online and on-site training
Your Lead Instructor, Joanne Wright
Joanne Wright is a Chartered and Registered Psychologist and has worked with mental health issues for over 20 years. Across her employment to date, Joanne has witnessed a huge diversity of mental health challenges.
She has also been embedded in organisations where changing cultures, perceptions and habits were faced with resistance. This has driven her to overcome such barriers and to really explore how positive change could become integrated within practices and procedures.
This is critical within the context of delivering mental health training within organisations, who may seek further guidance as to how to implement the messages within the Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training.
Joanne believes these experiences, opportunities and insights are hugely relevant in her ability to provide the Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training to an exceptional standard, as they are grounded within a real understanding of ‘mental health’, resilience and recovery.
‘There is significant evidence that mental health issues lead to sick absence from work. It therefore follows that by equipping staff in the workplace to identify and support colleagues regarding their emotional wellbeing, there will be a reduction in sick leave figures’. Joanne
- It is anticipated that legislation will be introduced to mandate Mental Health training for all employees. Just like Health & Safety training focuses upon avoiding physical injury and maintaining employee safety Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training focuses upon allowing workplaces to become more aware of emotional difficulties within their staff
- Mental health has grown significantly in recent years, mental health problems remain one of the biggest issues in society today
- Most of us spend the majority of our time at work, why not help employees and employers improve their mental health at work
- Supporting new services so people can find the right help they need, at the right time, and in the right place for them
- In this era and through these times we are living we need to help people build the confidence to talk about how they are feeling, wherever that person is, and whenever they need it
Who Is This For?
- Individuals who have the support from their CEO, Director, President, Board of members, HR and Management to fulfil the role once trained
- Individuals that understand what the role will involve and have considered their own wellbeing to decide if now is the right time for them
- Individuals that have an ability to relate well to others
- Individuals who can maintain confidentiality
- As some employees are now working remotely, this course will help you to provide a point of contact for these staff members
Become A Mental Health First Aider
- This course gives you an in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing.
- Cost may vary depending on location.
Mental Health Aware Course
- This course raises awareness of mental health, giving an introduction to your own mental health as well as that of others.
- Cost may vary depending on location.
Learn more about the course structures:
Whether you are interested in training as an individual, or in booking training for your
Organisation and believe in supporting the well being of your colleagues, employees and yourself, book your Beaumaris Health & Wellbeing Group Mental Health First Aid course today.
All courses can be provided at the Beaumaris Wellbeing Centre but also in house at your premise, or at another location to suit you. Due to the current Covid-19 situation our MHFA courses are now available on-line.
Here are our dates and locations of our Mental Health First Aid Courses (MHFA):
6 & 8 October and 13 & 15 October – Course 1
3 & 5 November and 10 & 11 November – Course 2
These will be delivered at the following times:
Sessions 1, 3 & 4 – 9.30am – 11.30am
Session 2 – 9.30am – 12noon
Contact us to book a slot.
Below are some frequently asked questions about our courses:
1. What is a Mental Health First Aid course?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a 2-day training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
Taking this course, you will learn how to recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe.
You will also gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you.
2. What type of MHFA course should I take?
3. Do I get a qualification at the end of the course?