This course is available as either an online or face to face training session.
This two-day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect emotional wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills including non-judgmental listening
- Knowledge to guide a colleague, friend or family member towards further sources of support, including self-help resources, their employee support scheme, GP or voluntary services.
This is a two day course delivered either face to face or via online video conferencing.
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
- Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
£300 per person – costs may vary depending on location.
Please contact us for more information or to book a place on the course.